Who Are We?
Family Ministries empowers and ministers to families using Christ-centered approaches. We seek to enable the family to grow and develop spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially, so that each family member will be equipped to meet the challenges of everyday living.
Eligibility to Volunteer
In order to serve in this ministry, you must be a member of the Brooklyn Tabernacle or in the process of becoming a member.
In order to be considered for Effective Parenting Solutions Facilitator, Family Coach, Confident Kids Facilitator, and Children's Water Baptism Interviewer you:
- Must have served faithfully in another ministry at The Brooklyn Tabernacle and be recommended by overseeing pastor or ministry leader
- Must complete all training related to the division of ministry in which your will serve
- Must consent to a background check
Activities & Functions
- Serving at sign-up tables, where workers must present themselves friendly and knowledgeable about the event, class or seminar.
- Checking-in students to parenting classes or events.
- Selling books.
- Adding information to spreadsheets or databases.
- Setting up refreshments.
Frequency of Service
We have flexible schedules and seasonal events. Therefore, we can schedule you when it works best for you and your family. However, we do need a contingent of workers available to serve on Thursday evenings and in between some Sunday services.
Length of Commitment
While we suggest a one-year commitment, we are committed to helping each individual find where they fit best.
While not a requirement to serve, Family Ministries is interested in recruiting ministry workers with the following special skills:
- Videotaping and editing
- Social workers