Masks are required for everyone ages two and above entering the BT KIDS! area. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you at the 17 Smith Street security desk.
BT KIDS! will conduct temperature checks and health screenings. Upon arrival, children’s temperature will be checked prior to check-in. Children with temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed to attend BT KIDS! services. Parents will complete a health screening questionnaire before checking children in to BT KIDS! services.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to monitor their child(ren) for symptoms of infectious illness before making the decision to bring the child(ren) to BT KIDS! Please monitor for the following symptoms: Temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, Sore throat,Cough (for children with chronic cough due to allergies or asthma, a change in their cough from baseline), Difficulty breathing (for children with asthma, a change from their baseline breathing), Diarrhea or vomiting or the onset of severe headache, especially with a fever.
If the child has had close contact with a person with laboratory-confirmed or probable COVID-19, please keep your child at home.
Social Distancing- Social distancing for children ages 6 weeks to 2 years old will not be possible in our classroom space.
If a child shows signs of infectious illness consistent with COVID-19, the following protocols will be activated:
- BT KIDS! volunteers will take the child to an isolation room/area and ensure the child is properly supervised and masked.
- The parent or caregiver is contacted via text message and asked to pick up the child immediately.
- If multiple children display COVID-19 symptoms, children will be placed in the same isolation room/area. BT KIDS! will ensure mask use and keep children at least 6 feet apart. Children will be supervised.
- BT KIDS! will clean and disinfect areas that the ill child occupied.
- The parent or caregiver is asked to communicate with BT KIDS! if the child tests positive for COVID after displaying symptoms.
- Child has tested positive for COVID-19 and begins home isolation.
- BT KIDS! starts a list of close contacts of the ill child and informs staff, parents, and caregivers of close contacts, of possible exposure.
- Parents or caregivers of close contacts are advised to keep their children at home (quarantine according to local health department requirements) and to consult with the child’s healthcare provider for evaluation and possible COVID-19 test.
- The ill child can return to BT KIDS! once the following conditions are met:
- 10 days out from the start of the symptoms, AND
- Fever free for 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication), AND
- Symptoms are no longer present