Jesus called on us to fulfill the “Great Commission” in Matthew 28:19-20. This was a command for all of us to go and share the gospel with those that do not know Jesus and make disciples of all nations. In addition, we are called to fulfill the “Great Compassion” in Matthew 25:35-36— meeting the practical needs of the people to whom God sends you. In order for us to be effective witnesses for Christ, we need the power of the Holy Spirit as described in Acts 1:8.
The following information will help guide you through the trip application process and preparation for the mission trip. Should you have any questions, please contact us:
Contact Us: 718-290-2003 or x2012, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be a member in good standing of The Brooklyn Tabernacle (or your home church).
- We are currently requiring that all trip candidates have a valid COVID-19 vaccination due to all the travel restrictions worldwide.
- You do not have to join the Global Missions Ministry to go on a trip.
- You must be able to attend all mandatory Team Meetings (usually 4 Thursday nights).
- Attendance at regular Global Meetings throughout the year is strongly encouraged.
- Active participation in a ministry is a major consideration.
- Relevant language, business, artistic or medical skills are a plus, but not a requirement depending on the trip.
- Non-refundable trip deposits of $100 are due immediately upon acceptance.
- A payment schedule for each trip will be published and must be followed. If the schedule is not followed, you will be placed on standby automatically, and you may not be able to participate in the trip. Please monitor your own payment due dates – do not rely on the Global office for this.
Review the expiration date on your passport and ensure that it will be valid for at least 6 months after the scheduled return date of the trip you hope to take. Also ensure that you have sufficient visa pages in your passport.
Complete the online 2022 trip application form and submit the appropriate documents required.
- You must upload a color copy of the picture page on your passport as part of the application
Send the following 2022 trip referral form to a pastor or ministry leader that knows you best to fill out online.
Complete the ministry background check application and submit it to the Missions office. Please email us at email@example.com if you do not have the form.
When both the application and referral forms have been submitted, a confirmation receipt will be emailed to the applicant.
Medical personnel and social workers only: All medical personnel and social workers are required to hand in a copy of their most current medical license, most current resume/CV, and certificates. If any of these documents have not been handed in or have been updated since your last BT trip, please provide the BT Coordinators with new copies. Submit two passport-size (2”x2”) photos. These photos will be kept on file and used in the event of a trip-related passport emergency. If you’ve already submitted them for a previous trip, then you do not need to resubmit.
Lastly, you will be contacted to schedule 1 or 2 separate interviews depending upon if and when you last took a mission trip with Global Missions.