Power Source Part I
The Person of the Holy Spirit
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. – John 16:7
“In the mystery of the Trinity, we have one God, revealed to us in the personhood of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. The Father sent his Son Jesus to die on a cross to pay the penalty for our sins. And as Jesus was getting ready to depart this earth, he told his disciples that it was better for them if he left, because he would send Holy Spirit, also known as the Spirit of Christ. Instead of having Jesus with them physically, they would have the Spirit of Christ in them. When we repent and put our faith in Christ, the Holy Spirit comes to live in us. The Holy Spirit is the one who gave the power to raise Jesus from the dead. He’s our power source, and he is the one who changes us from the inside out, strengthening us and empowering us to live lives that please God and to make us what he wants us to be.” – Pastor Cymbala
- Who are the three persons of the Trinity, and what is the role of each in our salvation?
- Why did Jesus tell his disciples that it would be better for them if he left?
- What happens when we put our faith in Christ?
- How do we know that the Holy Spirit has power?
- Explain how the Holy Spirit can enable you and me to live lives that please God.