Salvation Part I
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” –John 3:16
“This is Christianity 101: God loves you, and God loves me… unconditionally. And he sent his one and only Son to earth to die on a cross as a substitute for us. Jesus was innocent, and yet he hung on the cross to be punished for our sins, so that we wouldn’t have to pay the penalty for our disobedience. Instead we would have all our sins washed away by the blood that he shed and have the hope that we could one day go to be with him in heaven. This salvation can’t be earned; God offers it to us as a gift.” – Pastor Cymbala
- Why did God send his Son to this earth?
- What was humanity’s sin problem?
- Why did Jesus have to die on a cross?
- What is the significance of the blood that Jesus shed?
- Have you accepted God’s gift of salvation? If so, what does it mean to you?