Salvation Part II
“Jesus replied… ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God, unless they are born again.’” – John 3:3
“When we repent of our sins and put our faith in Christ, we accept God’s gift of salvation. This means that the sins we have committed have been washed away through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. That settles our past. But how about today? How about the future? We’re still stuck with our weaknesses and the effects of our environment and our upbringing. That’s why Jesus said that we must be born again. In other words, as Christians, we have a double birth. We have a physical birth, of course; but in order to enter the kingdom of heaven and enjoy what God has for us, we must also be born from above. We have to get a new nature, a new heart, a new spirit, and a new way to live. This happens when the Holy Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead comes to live in us…” – Pastor Cymbala
- What does it mean to be born again?
- Why do some Christians live in defeat?
- Have you ever tried to live out your life in your own strength? If so, what was the result?
- Discuss the difference between religion and a having a relationship with God.
- What does it mean to you to know that you can live a victorious life because you have been born again?