Power Source Part II
Power for Christian Service
[Jesus] said to them…‘But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.’ – Acts 1:8
“One of the main reasons why the Holy Spirit was sent to earth was to give power for ministry to those who are followers of Jesus Christ. As our Lord was about to ascend back to heaven after having risen from the dead, he told his disciples that they would receive power from on high to be his witnesses everywhere they went. When the promised Holy Spirit came, the church was born; and fishermen and tax collectors who had never been to seminary, who had no PhDs or MDivs, turned the world upside down. What made the difference? It wasn’t teaching; the disciples had the best teacher when Jesus was on earth, yet they failed. One denied him and all of them fled when he was arrested. What made the difference was that they were baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit; and with that filling came power. Since the beginning, God’s plan has been that the church would be built by believers in Christ sharing the good news of Jesus with the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in them.” – Pastor Cymbala
- What is one of the main reasons why the Holy Spirit was sent to earth?
- What did Jesus say would happen when the Holy Spirit came on his followers?
- What was the difference in the disciples once they were baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit?
- What is God’s plan for the growth of the church of Jesus Christ?
- How will people in your sphere of influence know that Jesus is alive?